Want to wake up every single day feeling more calm and joyful? An attitude of gratitude forces you to get outside of your problems and look at the bigger picture. It starts with creating a conscious habit of expressing appreciation for your life.
Life is far from perfect, but the more you avoid the self-loathing, blaming other, and extravagant pity parties some of us throw for ourselves the better off we will be. By cultivating an attitude of gratitude you will more quickly see the opportunity embedded in the challenge and find solutions faster than you did before
Use these prompts as inspiration. Write down 3 things you are grateful for every day for the next 5 days in a row.
- A valuable lesson you learned recently.
- A book you are grateful for reading.
- Something you take for granted.
- Someone who has made a positive difference in your life.
- An innovation or technology you use every single day.
- A good experience with customer service.
- The best thing that has happened so far this week.
- Something about your home that makes you grateful.
- Someone who inspires you.
- Something that cheers you up.
- A recent “small success”.
- An act of kindness shown.
- Someone who supports you.
- Something in nature.
- A favorite quote/saying that inspires you or makes you happy.